What is a Take

AJHB

What is a Take

Post by AJHB »

Can anyone help.with the definition of a "take" - vital for all those interested in the new Daily-10 to Daily-365 medals. Do revisits count?

Even the Wiki is confused saying revisits both are and are not takes

https://wiki.turfgame.com/en/wiki/Take

And Turfgame.com's announcement of the new medals is tentative

"takes, assists or revisit are all supposed to work"

If one or more of the five a day is a revisit does this mean your continuous daily record is broken?

Thanks
Dacop
Zonemaker

Re: What is a Take

Post by Dacop »

This is a hole we've dug for ourselves.

A take is a zone taken over either from neutral status or another player. That's it.

Revisit is NOT a form of a take - it is it's own beast and is performed only when you've owned that zone yourself for more than 23 hours.

Assist is accompanying someone making a take or a revisit and rewards only the "takepoint" (something that needs a new name) portion of visiting that zone.

As for your question regarding the Daily medals - they are specifically written to allow for all three of the above types of visit to a zone. Take, revisit or assist should all be allowed.
"Det är mycket roligare att hålla på med mobilen än gamla kartor och jävelskap..." - Evert Jansson, Klass 9 Stöde Skola
Unique:2292
Rank 56: Turf Angel
AJHB

Post by AJHB »

Thanks - that's clear. I'll not risk updating the Wiki and getting it wrong.
flyingchicken

Post by flyingchicken »

I’ve done 30 daily with a mix of revisits & takes. I had the same fear when going for the daily 30, but it does all count!

Return to “General”