Zones in Kosovo, error and additions

Suhaili

Zones in Kosovo, error and additions

Post by Suhaili »

At present I find only one zone in Kosovo and unfortunately it is misnamed.
It is placed in front of the monastery of the Orthodox Patriarchate in Peja/Peć but its name "Decani" is from the Orthodox monastery in Deçani/Dečani, some 12 km to the south. I have visited both, the latter twice.

My proposal is to keep both the name and the zone by
(1) renaming this old zone "PecMonastery"
(2) Creating a new zone for the Decani monastery 12 km south (See Google maps: Visoki Dečani
Manastiri i Deçanit). I will make this second proposal in the application.
Suhaili

Re: Zones in Kosovo, error and additions

Post by Suhaili »

I have suggested in the application some 4-6 zones in the capital Pristina. They are placed close to monuments and museums that would be of interest to tourists visiting Kosovo.
Suhaili

Post by Suhaili »

Suhaili wrote: 25 Jul 2022 19:20 I have suggested in the application some 4-6 zones in the capital Pristina. They are placed close to monuments and museums that would be of interest to tourists visiting Kosovo.
One is at the site of a big statute of the national hero Skenderbeu from the 15th century
One is in front of the museum
One is in front of the huge Catholic Maria Theresa Catedral, a landmark of the city.
One is in front of the impressing monument "Heroinat" commemorating the 20.000+ women victims of he Kosovo war.
One is at the site of the Bill Clinton memorial statute.
Suhaili

Post by Suhaili »

Suhaili wrote: 25 Jul 2022 19:20 I have suggested in the application some 4-6 zones in the capital Pristina. They are placed close to monuments and museums that would be of interest to tourists visiting Kosovo.
One is at the site of a big statue of the national hero Skenderbeu from the 15th century
There is a large square in front and no cars allowed: https://goo.gl/maps/HPeyefqvfW9qCpZg9

Behind the statue is the government building. Great place fore a city center zone.
Attachments
Skenderbeu.jpg
Skenderbeu.jpg (83.33 KiB) Viewed 76965 times
Suhaili

Post by Suhaili »

One is in the yard of Kosovo museum, regularly open. The zone is at a sufficient distance from Skenderbeu 275 meters and not accessible to cars. It is at the edge of the old town and on both side of the museum there are mosques of some touristic value.
Attachments
Kosovo Museum 3.jpg
Kosovo Museum 3.jpg (97.1 KiB) Viewed 76964 times
Kosovo Museum 2.jpg
Kosovo Museum 2.jpg (94.52 KiB) Viewed 76964 times
Kosovo Museum_.jpg
Kosovo Museum_.jpg (348.83 KiB) Viewed 76964 times
Suhaili

Post by Suhaili »

One zone is at some distance in the other direction in a city parklet in front of the impressing monument "Heroinat" commemorating the 20.000+ women victims of he Kosovo war.

At the other side of the street the attentive turfer can spot the monument commemorating independence: "Newborn"
Attachments
The park
The park
Parku Heroinat.jpg (101.98 KiB) Viewed 76963 times
The monument
The monument
Heroinat monument.jpg (86.69 KiB) Viewed 76963 times
The pentagon marks the zone in Parku Heroinat
The pentagon marks the zone in Parku Heroinat
Heroinat.jpg (493.97 KiB) Viewed 76963 times
Suhaili

Post by Suhaili »

Suhaili wrote: 15 Aug 2022 21:46
One zone is at some distance in the other direction in a city parklet in front of the impressing monument "Heroinat" commemorating the 20.000+ women victims of he Kosovo war.

At the other side of the street the attentive turfer can spot the monument commemorating independence: "Newborn"
Explanation of the monument:
Attachments
Heroinat legend.jpg
Heroinat legend.jpg (97.38 KiB) Viewed 76962 times
Suhaili

Post by Suhaili »

One zone is proposed at the site of the Bill Clinton memorial statue https://goo.gl/maps/mR4UiVAZxRMJvYkD9

Again the design of the corner makes it possible to have the zone off the roads and the sidewalks.
Attachments
Bill Klinton.jpg
Bill Klinton.jpg (83.3 KiB) Viewed 76960 times
Suhaili

Post by Suhaili »

One is in front of the huge catholic Maria Theresa Catedral, a landmark of the city, right by a statue of late President and civil rights activist Ibrahim Rugova. https://goo.gl/maps/DUS3auL5ocQkum2H9
The statue is here because Rugova was of Catholic confession. The Church is named after Mother Theresa who was an ethnic Albanian from North Makedonia.
Attachments
Rugova and Nënë Theresa.jpg
Rugova and Nënë Theresa.jpg (78.59 KiB) Viewed 76958 times
Suhaili

Post by Suhaili »

Last but not least I have now in August entered one further zone in the app, in the university park by the National Library building from 1972, which is spectacular: https://goo.gl/maps/qAa3wbGr3PcoPmsh7
Attachments
Bibiloteka Kombetare.jpg
Bibiloteka Kombetare.jpg (109.29 KiB) Viewed 76957 times

Return to “Zones”