Thornhill D&G

Moderators: Issue manager, Zonemakers

Placid_Casual

Thornhill D&G

Post by Placid_Casual »

I know Thornhill in Dumfries and Galloway well and would be nice to see a few zones in the area as it is a beautiful place
Have suggested Joseph Thomson monument (african explorer). The circular wood path which I have named boatbrae but it’s further round so woodwalk would be more accurate. Third is community centre. Also Morton Castle nearby suggested - hidden gem.
Thanks for considering

Kenny
féarglas
Zonemaker

Re: Thornhill D&G

Post by féarglas »

Thank you for the suggestions. With this periods allocation for Scotland, I have created zones at the JT monument, (a new piece of history for me 😁), at the community centre, and also at nearby Drumlanrig Castle. I'm surprised there wasn't one there already.

The other suggestions of boatbrae and Morton Castle, and I also saw Nigh Bridge, will remain visible for future allocations for Scotland. The original post on the forum also remains to backup the suggestions.
Placid_Casual

Re: Thornhill D&G

Post by Placid_Casual »

Thanks Fearglas! Thornhill is a nice spot. Joseph Thompson well known locally but not nationally as not linked to religion. He named the Thomson’s gazelle.
Kirkpatrick MacMillan invented the pedal bike at Keir Mill nearby, but I’ve yet to find a good spot to place a zone!

Return to “Scotland”