New zone suddenly appears while passing thru

bugaboosun

New zone suddenly appears while passing thru

Post by bugaboosun »

the other day I was passing thru the area of a zone that I had suggested but was not found on the map. I assumed zone suggestion was rejected. But as I rode thru the area, the zone suddenly materialized on the map. This was not at the start of finish of the session. Why did this happen?

I have since visited some of my other suggested zone sites and those did not materialize when I arrived.
Moru

Re: New zone suddenly appears while passing thru

Post by Moru »

You can be lucky sometimes that the zone shows up at the same time you pass by. But it's not generally the case :-)

Can recommend reading this post: https://maqqansturf.wordpress.com/2020/ ... aking-2-0/
Turfname is EQ
embeoo
Zonemaker

Re: New zone suddenly appears while passing thru

Post by embeoo »

Zones can appear anytime, it is not related to rounds or any other calendar event. They appear at the time when the zone maker have drawn and committed the zone, or at the future time they set freely.

Usually this has nothing to do with turfers currently passing the area. But the app picks up the zone also during a session and taking starts if you unknowingly pass or stand at the place. A good reason to have sound enabled, so you not fail to complete the take!

And it has happened that zones deliberately were created where turfers were expected or confirmed to be, for a meetup or so, unknowingly to the organisers.

Return to “Zones”