Block for "carturfing"?

neverfree

Block for "carturfing"?

Post by neverfree »

Hi!

Sweet game/app this! Addictive!

I wonder if you have discussed options to prevent users from going by car/mc sweeping a city. For instance: if I take a zone, all other zones could get blocked for ME for the time it would take me to take the bike/run there. Other vehicles like segway or whatever is of course a greyzone but a fast bicycle normally travel like 30-40km/h or so (if youre not a bike messenger or something). If you don't want to block, the take-points of zones nearby could get reduced when I take a zone and then it could take a certain time for them to "charge" up to 100%? Some scripts required, it all has to do with distance/speed. But IF you want turfing to be about being fysically active, this could be a good feature...

PS If I blogg about positive aspects of turfing on a very well read serious (government) blogg reaching a VERY big audience, who can I contact about validity, project background and crew?

/NFA
Zontjuven

Re: Block for "carturfing"?

Post by Zontjuven »

I think Site admin Drassen would love to hear from You :D
Use PM

http://forum.turfgame.com/memberlist.ph ... rofile&u=2
Fd världsmästare i TURF
neverfree

Post by neverfree »

Sent a PM. To the questions about carturfing, what do you all think?
Blabert
Zonemaker

Post by Blabert »

neverfree wrote:Sent a PM. To the questions about carturfing, what do you all think?
I think it would be quite unfair for the poor var turfers... ;-) And it's not necassary, since there's no town of reasonable size that you actually turf faster with a car then you can do with a bike. And where to draw the line? Cars, motorcycles, quadbikes, scooters, electric bikes..? All these vehicles and a normal bike will have a similar speed when turfing in a larger city.

I know many have issues with carturfing, I do aswell in most cases, but the best way to handle it is to try to convince them to get some exercise instead :-)

Last, the hole concept of Turf isnt actually exercise only. It's "Outdoor Addiction", well described and it's as much a game for finding and experiencing new places, as it is about getting exercise :-)
neverfree

Post by neverfree »

Good points!
mortuus
Donator

Post by mortuus »

There should be 2 games, one for with users with cars/bikes and one for thoose that walk only.. its not very much challenge sweep a city with a bike really.. youcant compete with that when you walk.. impossible.
Mobil: Samsung Galaxy S5 White Ort: Malmö
Image Image ImageImage Image ImageImage
SaLa
Information Manager

Post by SaLa »

mortuus wrote:There should be 2 games, one for with users with cars/bikes and one for thoose that walk only.. its not very much challenge sweep a city with a bike really.. youcant compete with that when you walk.. impossible.
What about those who live 20 km from closest zones, if they want to take the car to a zone and walk from there? Or those who run the bike in the evening but take walks at lunchtime? Or those who is home with children and walk all day with the baby carriage?

I think everybody should compete against everybody. Impossible to make it equal for everybody though. And car turfers usually understand after a while that it costs much.
Nattkryp

Post by Nattkryp »

mortuus wrote:There should be 2 games, one for with users with cars/bikes and one for thoose that walk only.. its not very much challenge sweep a city with a bike really.. youcant compete with that when you walk.. impossible.
I don't agree. I don't like car turfers. However, I do love the knowledge of me being able to get people to waste their money due to them being lazy, and me being active. They're a part of the game and the fact that they exist do add an extra dimension to the game. If I spend a full day turfing and then a few hours later I see someone car turfing to take all my zones, it just make me more dedicated to go back out there sooner than I otherwise would, to take it all back.
Optimus
Zonemaker

Post by Optimus »

There are many threads about this topic... Cars are not your biggest problem, mopeds can travel on cycleways but in a speed of 30 km/h even in uphill and don´t get tired. :o
Cars must often be parked first and then a walk to the zone.

If we should have different classes it should also be a separate for people without family and children, who can turf "all night long", and for those under 15 years who don´t have the same possibilities to travel long ways.

No, I guess that the best game is like now - everyone competes against everyone - and most against myself. Ofcourse it could be groups here on the forum so you know who of the other Turfers that always walk (so you know which user you sould beat).
In my case I Turf by walk, bike and car - what group should that be in... ;)
ImageImage
TBIT
Issue Manager

Post by TBIT »

Has this post been inspired by mickeCarlsson's repeated carturfing in Karlskrona/Ronneby, or what? :-)
Besök gärna min blogg: turf.blekinge.it

Return to “Gameplay”