For those of you trying pre 1.0 versions
GuteLappen

Re: Info to IPhone pre-alpha testers

Post by GuteLappen »

Simon wrote:
GuteLappen wrote:
Simon wrote:
  1. Your Turf-account connection between the server and app
  2. Upgrading iOS should not affect the account, nor when upgrading Turf (this is where we hope the testing will provide answers too our questions). If iCloud isn't activated and the app would be reinstalled somehow, or some settings would be cleaned, the connection to the app and the server might break. This doesn't mean the user will be lost just that we might have to repair the connection again some other way. We will of course listen too your feedback on this and see how it works out.
Would you like me to uninstall Turf and then to reinstall it again to test?

Skickat från min GT-I9305N via Tapatalk 2
Let me rephrase.
If iCloud isn't activated and the app would be reinstalled somehow, the connection between the app and the server WILL break.

If you don't have iCloud activated there is no need to test it, since we know it will break, but if you would activate iCloud then it should be possible to uninstall the app or even clean out the entire device, and as long as you log in to your previous iCloud account the user should still be "intact".
I'm not familiar with iCloud, to turn it on, do I need to turn on the backup feature in iCloud? Anyone?
I have chosen not to activate it due to privacy, don't want Apple to get their hands on all my private stuff (not that interesting, but it's a principal I have chosen).
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354653551.485023.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354653551.485023.jpg (61.08 KiB) Viewed 7337 times
Bast

Post by Bast »

I have chosen not to activate it due to privacy, don't want Apple to get their hands on all my private stuff (not that interesting, but it's a principal I have chosen).
Data Security

iCloud secures your data by encrypting it when it is sent over the Internet, storing it in an encrypted format when kept on server (review the table below for detail), and using secure tokens for authentication. This means that your data is protected from unauthorized access both while it is being transmitted to your devices and when it is stored in the cloud. iCloud uses a minimum of 128-bit AES encryption – the same level of security employed by major financial institutions – and never provides encryption keys to any third parties.
so activare it, Apple wont use that information in any way.
And alot better for you when you do a backup and dont have a computer to backup to.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mobil: iPhone 5 Färdsätt: Cykel Stad: Jönköping
GuteLappen

Re: Sv: Info to IPhone pre-alpha testers

Post by GuteLappen »

Done, thank you!

Skickat från min GT-I9305N via Tapatalk 2
Onewheel

Post by Onewheel »

To re-visit a zone that you already have after 24h doesnt work on Iphone. But perhaps it is not supposed to work on this pre-alfa version?
TBIT
Issue Manager

Post by TBIT »

Onewheel wrote:To re-visit a zone that you already have after 24h doesnt work on Iphone. But perhaps it is not supposed to work on this pre-alfa version?
That is correct. See the FAQ: http://forum.turfgame.com/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=2903
Besök gärna min blogg: turf.blekinge.it
Bast

Post by Bast »

a bunch of zones taken today, the app works flawless fo me.
It dosent close, it dosent freeze, so just perfect. :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mobil: iPhone 5 Färdsätt: Cykel Stad: Jönköping
Onewheel

Post by Onewheel »

I think that the gps signal is more stabil on iPhone than on android. On iPhone my "turfman" stands still in the zone but on android he jumps around..
tomtebloss

Post by tomtebloss »

Onewheel wrote:I think that the gps signal is more stabil on iPhone than on android. On iPhone my "turfman" stands still in the zone but on android he jumps around..
Android is just the operating system and it exist on so many devices. I'm sure that some Android devices is just as stable as the iPhone.
miha

Spontana kommentarer efter lite testande med iPhone:

Post by miha »

* Tar ibland lång tid att ladda in vart zonerna ligger (innan de visas på skärmen)
kartan däremot går snabbt att ladda in.
* Har vid 2 tillfällen fått zonen "stulen" då jag stått länge i zonen och haft en helgrön stapel men
ej fått kvittens på att zonen var min. Då en annan Turfare kommit in i zonen och tagit den.
Verkar som om det tar lång tid att få zoner kvitterade ibland.
(Senaste tillfället 2012-1208, kl 17:52, Zon Karlsplaza, Turfare som "Snodde" zonen var Kajowi.
om ni kan/vill kolla loggar eller liknade efter ev. problem)
* GPS:en i iPhone (iphone 4) verkar vara väldigt bra. Hittar snabbt korrekt position och "hoppar"
ej runt på skärmen.
* Saknar vissa funktioner som chat mm, då man känner sig lite handikappad och inte kunna
meddela sig.
Förhoppningsvis så har jag mer tid nästa vecka för mer tester :-)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TBIT
Issue Manager

Re: Spontana kommentarer efter lite testande med iPhone:

Post by TBIT »

(Sorry English-speaking people but I reply in Swedish too.)
miha wrote: * Har vid 2 tillfällen fått zonen "stulen" då jag stått länge i zonen och haft en helgrön stapel men
ej fått kvittens på att zonen var min. Då en annan Turfare kommit in i zonen och tagit den.
Verkar som om det tar lång tid att få zoner kvitterade ibland.
(Senaste tillfället 2012-1208, kl 17:52, Zon Karlsplaza, Turfare som "Snodde" zonen var Kajowi.
om ni kan/vill kolla loggar eller liknade efter ev. problem)
Kan du felrapportera detta på http://issues.turfgame.com/report/3?
Besök gärna min blogg: turf.blekinge.it

Return to “IPhone (alpha/beta)”