Info to iPhone pre-alpha testers

For those of you trying pre 1.0 versions
miha

A little summary of this week’s testing with iPhone:

Post by miha »

This week I have been out two evenings/nights with my iPhone 4 to test Pre-Alpha version. I collected around 80-90 zones and the Pre-Alpha version is stable. Some have reported that if you get outside the zone, the green meter won't start when you get inside the zone again. I have experienced the same thing, the only way to take the zone is to terminate the app. (fast double press then kill Turf-App and re-start the app.)
But on Monday and Wednesday the meter re-started several times. Don’t know if I only was lucky or if something is changed. Something I noticed is that some of the zone isn’t in the exactly position compared to “Android-Zones”. The zone Hagabridge I usually can be positioned on both the north and the south side of the bridge when taking the zone with my Androidphone. When using my iPhone I have to go to the south side to take the zone. I don’t know if this is because Android and iPhone is using different map system or ….?
The crown isn’t visible on iPhone either. And other Turfer’s can’t se when I’m taking the zone, (the red meter besides the turfer when taking zone) they only can see when I already have taken the zone. I also misses the chat function that’s not implemented in iPhone yet. In some case the application has crashed or self-terminated and it is when I’m starting the app and if I’m to fast to zoom and/or change the map image from that Stockholms-zone that the app always start with. If I wait just a little time before changing the map location it seems to work. The Zoom function sometimes hangs and the only way to change zoom level is to “pinch” with two fingers, after doing this the zoom function works. (this is already reported in a bug-report by another user). Another thing I noticed is that the GPS seems to be more stable compared to my Samsung Galaxy 2, the green “Turfmarker” is not jumping around so much.

I will keep on testing :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Drassen
Site Admin

Re: Info to IPhone pre-alpha testers

Post by Drassen »

Nice report, keep on testing. BUT remember: If it isn´t registered in the issue-system, it wont be fixed.
--No Private Messages please, use contact@turfgame.com instead.--
RedWulfr

Post by RedWulfr »

I´ve made a couple of takeovers with the Iphone. So far it has worked flawlessly, except that i think the GPS sucks big time, in the way that it doesnt autocorrect when you stand still, so you have to agressively walkabout here and there before it maybe find you. Feels more like an Iphone-problem rather then turf-relatated though.

Im annoyed that i have to zoom from Stockholm to my place all the time. Also no bug, yet frustrating. Same with the problem that when the app isnt at top the gps and program turns off, but i guess it will come more funktions too, for us that are so used to the old incredible functions you have spoiled us with.

Anyway, a big thumbs up for the ioS-pusch. Even if i am pretty sceptic to apples products in every way, it will boost the community and therefor the game. Keep it up and have a splendid x-mas!
Bast

Post by Bast »

i agree on thatt the gps sux.
alot of times im in the middle of the zone, but it shows me outside the zone, and as RedWulfr says you need to go back and forth to get the zone.
This dosen´t happend all the time so not sure whos "fault" it is.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mobil: iPhone 5 Färdsätt: Cykel Stad: Jönköping
AJ_

Post by AJ_ »

Sounds like a common and intentional strategy in a phone gps. Small movements are filtered out in order to avoid constant movement and change of "direction" due to inaccuracies when you are standing still. Although I don't know anything specific about the iPhone in this matter.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
TurfWidget
Mobil: Nexus 5X | Stad: Linköping
WikkeOWL

Post by WikkeOWL »

I used iPhone 5 for the whole round 30 and I only missed out on getting one zone due to a bug or a technical fault. 1 of 433 is good. I had no problem with the game, except for the known bugs.
Mostly the temperature was around -10 degrees and sometimes -20 but the phone worked just fine.
WikkeOWL
Mobil: OnePlus One
Stad: Borlänge
Drassen
Site Admin

Post by Drassen »

Sounds really good Wikkeowl! nice to hear.
--No Private Messages please, use contact@turfgame.com instead.--
GuteLappen

Post by GuteLappen »

Drassen wrote: The CURRENT plan: (doesn't get more specified than this)
Q4 2012 Pre-alpha version
Q1 2013 Beta version
Q? 201? Version 1.0 (On App store)
If I understand this correctly there will be no more alpha versions, the next version will be a beta (public?) version?
Simon
Site Admin

Post by Simon »

We'll try to push out the alpha version again since more people are eager to test it, not much will be added tho since we've got other urgent stuff on our hands right now.

If you're interested in testing this alpha version with some very minor updates use this form to submit your UDID: https://docs.google.com/a/andrimon.com/ ... E6MQ#gid=0

However, its not possible to have unlimited testers with the Ad-hoc functionality, so if we get too many UDID's we might need to do a lottery on the ones that comes in.

Deadline is this saturday, one day before the next round starts.

/Turf team
GuteLappen

Post by GuteLappen »

Simon wrote:We'll try to push out the alpha version again since more people are eager to test it, not much will be added tho since we've got other urgent stuff on our hands right now.

If you're interested in testing this alpha version with some very minor updates use this form to submit your UDID: https://docs.google.com/a/andrimon.com/ ... E6MQ#gid=0

However, its not possible to have unlimited testers with the Ad-hoc functionality, so if we get too many UDID's we might need to do a lottery on the ones that comes in.

Deadline is this saturday, one day before the next round starts.

/Turf team
I'm already a Alpha tester, but if I understand your comment, this is a newer version with minor updates/fixes (pleas list them)?

Return to “IPhone (alpha/beta)”