Info to iPhone Beta testers

For those of you trying pre 1.0 versions
TBIT
Issue Manager

Re: Sv: Info to iPhone Beta testers

Post by TBIT »

kryddan wrote:I will as soon as I figure they are just that, issues. but if only I encounter them, then they are probably not issues, but just me and/or my phone :)
Feel free to report regardless! We will work to figure out if more users have the same unintended experiences. Thanks!
Besök gärna min blogg: turf.blekinge.it
Simon
Site Admin

Re: Info to iPhone Beta testers

Post by Simon »

Thanks for all the reports so far.
The zip file is updated with a new version. 0.9.9.1
Please update to this version before reporting new issues. An in-game message has been sent to all beta testers.

IMPORTANT: If you would get a new user iUserXX when reinstalling the new version and using iCloud, just restart the app and you should get the same user as before again. If you aren't using iCloud but registered an email in-game, you should be able to use the "Login With Different Account" function in settings. IF you haven't registered an email nor using iCloud.. do that before updating Turf to be able to continue on the same account.
ironjocke

Post by ironjocke »

I did not get the in-game message. Glad i saw this, updating tomorrow morning ready for a new round :)
Simon
Site Admin

Post by Simon »

We'd love to see some in-game screenshot as well... it might even end up on App Store(!)
Jestra

Post by Jestra »

Since I started using the pre-alpha version I've been turfing with my original account, Jestra, on my iPhone and on my android phone I've used iUser33. Since making the "user switch" between the phones my primary email is now connected to the iUser33-account.

In the beta-version I tried to "make turf account recoverable". When providing my primary email address I did not retrieve an email with a verification code. Since I wanted to test if I could bind my account to _any_ email address I provided my secondary email address instead. It worked! Now my primary turf account is connected to my secondary email address and vice versa. :(

Whom shall I contact to switch email addresses for the two accounts?
SaLa
Information Manager

Post by SaLa »

Jestra wrote:Since I started using the pre-alpha version I've been turfing with my original account, Jestra, on my iPhone and on my android phone I've used iUser33. Since making the "user switch" between the phones my primary email is now connected to the iUser33-account.

In the beta-version I tried to "make turf account recoverable". When providing my primary email address I did not retrieve an email with a verification code. Since I wanted to test if I could bind my account to _any_ email address I provided my secondary email address instead. It worked! Now my primary turf account is connected to my secondary email address and vice versa. :(

Whom shall I contact to switch email addresses for the two accounts?
Simon :)
LittleJohn

Post by LittleJohn »

Positive progress.
With the latest version, I have noticed significant better accuracy of GPS position and have a higher frequency the GPS position . That is my impressions and two cents.
Ej0

Post by Ej0 »

LittleJohn wrote:Positive progress.
With the latest version, I have noticed significant better accuracy of GPS position and have a higher frequency the GPS position . That is my impressions and two cents.
For me, it's completeley different. I have to wait about 45 sec-1 min each time I turn on the GPS, for it to be correct. When I'm taking a zone, it throws me out of the zone a couple of times, so I always have to move around and sometimes I'm standing in a spot, that I know, is not a part of the zone, but that works. It's starting to get frustrating.
TBIT
Issue Manager

Post by TBIT »

Ej0 wrote:
For me, it's completeley different. I have to wait about 45 sec-1 min each time I turn on the GPS, for it to be correct. When I'm taking a zone, it throws me out of the zone a couple of times, so I always have to move around and sometimes I'm standing in a spot, that I know, is not a part of the zone, but that works. It's starting to get frustrating.
You are not suppposed to turn the GPS on and off while playing. Keep it on for the best experience.
Besök gärna min blogg: turf.blekinge.it
Ej0

Post by Ej0 »

TBIT wrote:
Ej0 wrote:
You are not suppposed to turn the GPS on and off while playing. Keep it on for the best experience.
No, I know! It's when I turn the GPS on for the first time, when I'm starting to play.

Return to “IPhone (alpha/beta)”