Info to iPhone Beta testers

For those of you trying pre 1.0 versions
Simon
Site Admin

Info to iPhone Beta testers

Post by Simon »

Much text is copied from the alpha test forum thread, if you have any questions please see that thread before asking.

http://forum.turfgame.com/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=2887

How do I know if I'm a Beta tester?
You should have gotten an email that says you've been accepted. If you didnt provide your email in the signup form you simply have to test if its possible to install the app via iTunes as described below.

What we expect from you:
-REPORT BUGS at http://issues.turfgame.com if you have connected your Turf user to a Google Mail address. Otherwise send an email to issuemanagers@turfgame.com. Remember to provide your iPhone/iPad model and iOS version!
-DISCUSS the iphone app here in the forum. (We love to hear about your feelings and standpoints, not only the technical stuff.)
-UPLOAD pictures from the app to this forum. (screenshots etc. for those who have no iphone)
-SPREAD the word that you help us test an IPhone version of Turf.

How to install TURF IPhone beta:
*** iOS 5.1 or higher required ***
1. Download the zip file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e71qpo0hadzp6lf/Turf-Beta.zip
2. Install via itunes on your computer
(Download zip-file. Unpack.
- On Mac: drag .app file to device via itunes
- On windows: drag the.ipa file to device via itunes
Then sync the turf app to your device in itunes.)
3. PLAY!

"I was an Alpha tester before, how do I continue on my old account?"
If you've activated iCloud when you ran the Alpha version you should be able to continue on your old account. If you would be registered as a new user try to restart the app again because it could take a while before iCloud syncs.
IF YOU HAVENT REMOVED THE APLHA TURF APP YET AND HAVENT ACTIVATED ICLOUD, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO ACTIVATE ICLOUD, START TURF, AND CONTINUE ON THE ACCOUNT AS DESCRIBED ABOVE

Known facts:
-Your name will be registered as "iUser**" when starting the app for the first time. You can use your old android account with "Login with different account" in settings.
-Some menu choices are missing in the menu. (compared to android version)

IMPORTANT: If you would get a new user iUserXX when reinstalling the new version and using iCloud, just restart the app and you should get the same user as before again. If you aren't using iCloud but registered an email in-game, you should be able to use the "Login With Different Account" function in settings. IF you haven't registered an email nor using iCloud.. do that before updating Turf to be able to continue on the same account.

Features:
- Chat for all regions
- Toplist for all regions
- Possible to participate in Turf events.
- "Google Maps" maps
- Switching to old accounts
- Statistics
- Medals
- User information
- "Quick information about takovers" (New feature, see below)
- Settings
......- Change name
......- Activate Sound
......- Background Turfing (And notifications while app is in background)
......- Login with different account (In case you already have an account on Android or other devices)
......- Bind iOS account to an E-mail (So the account can be recovered in the future)

- Upcoming events list
- Unique zones
- "Help" menu
- Name plates
- Zone block timer
- Revisit (But no revisit graphics on zones are visible yet)

"Quick information about takovers"
When anyone takes over a zone you'll see directly on the map that the user is stretching out its arms, this is partly to make it clear who takes over a zone, but also makes it easier to see who actually got the zone if two players are competing for the same zone. This feature is planned on getting on Android pretty soon as well.

Happy testing!

Br Turf Team

Update 2013-08-02
Thanks for all the reports so far.
The zip file is updated with a new version. 0.9.9.1
Please update to this version before reporting new issues. An in-game message has been sent to all beta testers.

Version 0.9.9.1 changelog:
- Fixes and issue with monthly event start/stop. Your app WILL crash this sunday on restart if you dont update to this version.
- Issues #269 & #267 fixed.
- Issue #266 fixed.
- Issue #268 fixed.
Ej0

Re: Info to iPhone Beta testers

Post by Ej0 »

Cant install on iOS 6.1.3
Just get a message saying "Turf wasn't installed" after sync.
Simon
Site Admin

Post by Simon »

Ej0 wrote:Cant install on iOS 6.1.3
Just get a message saying "Turf wasn't installed" after sync.
PM me your email and udid you signed up with.
kryddan

Post by kryddan »

Just installed turf on my iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1.3 without problem.
Have also been out and took my first two iZones :)

First impression is a bit weird. I guess I'm used to the other version :)
Well it's a small screen, the resolutions seems a bit blury.
A bit hard to see the name of the other turfers
GPS gets deactivated when screen goes black.

Besides that it was a funny feeling turfing with a iPhone. Won't be any long runs with this one untill I have had a chance to test it a little bit further.

(edited to follow the rules a bit better, and translated it to english).
Last edited by kryddan on 30 Jul 2013 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
Simon
Site Admin

Post by Simon »

English only please.
kryddan wrote:GPS avaktiveras när man släcker ner skärmen. (GPS automatically shuts down in when phone locks)
Did you try to enable "Enable background turfing" in settings?

And please try to keep this thread out of the public iOS vs Android OS discussion. Thanks.
kryddan

Post by kryddan »

Will try on my next turf :)
And sorry for mentening the *droid. Won't do it again.
spiddeer

Post by spiddeer »

It haven't gotten an mail. does that mean that I did't qualify for the beta?
Simon
Site Admin

Post by Simon »

If you didn't get any mail (check trash mail as well) or cannot install the app (try at leat, some people didnt provide any email) you wont be able to participate in the Beta.

If you cant install the Game you will get something like "Turf wasn't installed" in iTunes, then you can't participate right now.
spiddeer

Post by spiddeer »

I remembered since I signed up for the beta I have got a replacement phone from Apple with another UDID. Well well hope the beta goes fast and the public one it available soon.
LittleJohn

Post by LittleJohn »

Installed the Beta.
The problem for me wasn't the package, it was iTunes (crapware) itself (Latest version I needed to get first to show the side panel, Would be great if there were some screenshots showing the whole process.)

After it was installed, got my first zone ever. Only issues I have had is the GPS. It is not stable at all. I was in the middle of the zone, but GPS jumped in and out of the zone -----------. If this is due to iPhone GPS handling or application, no idea.
Last edited by LittleJohn on 31 Jul 2013 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “IPhone (alpha/beta)”