Suggestions

Maqqan
Zonemaker

Suggestions

Post by Maqqan »

This is a thread to gather the turfers suggestions on how you would like to see the League develop?

Please leave a comment below and I will list them here, I will start with one of my own.

Suggestions
* Region toplist shall be default, it is fine to have the toplist to the left of it but it should not be the first list you see.
* The possibility to show the result for all Leagues on turfgame.com
* League toplist should graphically indicate who is currently on list place(s) for moving up and moving down. Post
* Chat rooms for each division, only for the participators in each one. Post
* Participation should be optional. Post
Last edited by Maqqan on 19 Apr 2016 08:49, edited 7 times in total.
Kingslayer
Zonemaker

Re: Suggestions

Post by Kingslayer »

* League toplist should graphically indicate who is currently on list place(s) for moving up and moving down. E.g.

01. Turfer 1
02. Turfer 2
---------------------
03. Turfer 3
04. Turfer 4
05. Turfer 5
06. Turfer 6
07. Turfer 7
08. Turfer 8
09. Turfer 9
--------------------
10. Turfer 10
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

01. DIProgan
02. Turfer2
----------------
03. Turfer3
04. Turfer4
05. Turfer5
etc.
Running the third-party project https://turfbridge.com
Velocipedryttaren

Post by Velocipedryttaren »

So nice whit the league list as default, always nice to see your one name whit out scrolling. 8-)
stoffisimo

Post by stoffisimo »

We have empty divisions above us at the moment, and this will be the case for several months until the whole league structure is filled...

Since we know (wiki) that each winner of each group will be promoted, we need a way to know which other players is to be promoted.
To fill the rest of the higher division, the fairest way would be to compare points in all groups, instead of positions.

It should be displayed somewhere what the current lowest "preliminary promotion score" is. That way everyone know what needs to be beaten, although the safest way to be promoted is to win the group, of course.

Examples with only 4 players in each group, and an empty div 1:

Ex 1:

Code: Select all

(Player Score)
Div 2-1 Div 2-2
A 1000p E 1100p
B 900p F 650p
C 800p G 100p
D 700p H 50p
In my suggestion, everyone will know that the "preliminary promotion score" is 800, since that is the 4th highest score at the moment.

Ex 2:

Code: Select all

Div 2-1          Div 2-2
A 1000p E 670p
B 900p F 650p
C 800p G 100p
D 700p H 50p
Here, the "preliminary promotion score" is still 800, since player E is auto-promoted as group winner.

Naturally, if more players join the league system during the round, this will affect the number of "score promotions", that's the reason for the importance of the wording "preliminary" here.
Kingslayer
Zonemaker

Post by Kingslayer »

I don't like that. It would defeat the purpose of a League in my mind. Most of us has nothing to do with the top fight in world, country or region. One of the ideas behind League was that each person would find oneself on a short list with a reasonable chance to make an achievement. If I all of a sudden need to beat the best persons throughout the whole division to be promoted it would only be the best players that goes up and just another variation of the current top lists. The current setup eliminates that and is also the same way it works in hockey, football etc.
stoffisimo

Post by stoffisimo »

The reason for my suggestion is that it payed off real well to NOT take zones during the first day, as far as I can see it.

I was home with sick kids both Sunday and Monday, and took my first zone on Tuesday.

Comparing my group (9-62) with for instance 9-3 shows that the leader in my group would be placed at #9. This means that people in 9-3 who started early will get real punished, and probably held back another month before being promoted although they have higher points than the majority of the promoted players in other groups.
Depending on how the next season's players will be distributed among the groups, there might be the same thing there - it can be a tactical smart thing to wait for a couple of days before taking a zone, especially if you know you can't compete with the top players in your region.

While your way certainly is how it works in those team based sports when teams meet each other in discrete games, my way is more how it works in the Olympics and Athletics World Championships, where a bad draw is not a reason to not go through to the next round.

The pros with a "static" promotion is clarity, but if there is an influx of players so new groups are created, your safe promotional spot might be removed. You still have to explain this to the players, so you are not free from "preliminary promotion spots" in either case.
Kingslayer
Zonemaker

Post by Kingslayer »

But it only these first rounds that are gonna be "unfair" as everyone starts in the same division. Over time, let's say 10 months from now, Division 9 will all consist of people who normally take, let's say around 25k per round, Division 8 people who normally take 40k and so on. The devs could have populated the whole pyramid using the last world top list as feed instead, but they chose to this way to distribute the participants. It's going to be lop-sided for a few more rounds, then it will be more and more "fair" within each division.
stoffisimo

Post by stoffisimo »

Yup, I mentioned that in my first post, that it will only be like this for almost the rest of 2016. :)

After that it won't be any problem, unless people high in the league system withdraws suddenly. Then it might be the best to be in group X-1, since it will probably be there the extra promotion spot wil be.

But this is just a guess, since we don't know how the structure will be. Will for instance 3-1 and 3-2 always feed 2-1, while 3-3 and 3-4 will feed 2-2? And so on...
Kingslayer
Zonemaker

Post by Kingslayer »

I don't fully know how it will work either ;) Personally I'd rather see that the first taker each round is added to group 1, the next to group 2 until place "one" in each group in the division is filled. Then the next is added as number 2 in group 1 and so on. This would however require that you know how many groups there will be in each division.

Return to “League”